Tuesday 19 August 2008

The Mojo is Back!!



I have to say that the past few months have been quite difficult and this has stifled my inspiration a great deal. Since we were told about the site closure at work at the end of March there has been so much uncertainty, not only around the job, but also about Nick and my wedding. We were committed to paying for certain things so we've had to do some serious rethinking about other stuff we wanted!!
This had a knock on effect on the jewellery making, which got so bad at one point that I was terriffied of going in the workshop (back of the shed) because everything went wrong when I did! Luckily the mojo has started to come back and I've made a few things in the last couple of weeks without messing them up. I've even managed to take photos and will be adding these to my website tomorrow.



Polymer clay is a new thing for me and I keep practicing the swirly lentils but can't always get them consistent so I'm really pleased with this one. Red is not normally my colour either, but I think this has really worked. As for the silver and gold bracelet, this is where I'm more comfortable, but I like building in a challenge so the clasp is my first try at a box clasp and just to make it extra tricky, it's a cylinder as well. Again really please with the outcome. I'll have some more to add in a couple of days.
I've also added to the blog links to my two favourite forums. The UK Beaders quenches my need for all things beady (as well as other media). Girls being girls, I've been on other beady forums and found them to get quite caustic at times, but I can honestly say that I have never seen a truly cross word on here. There are girls and guys from all walks of life, beginners and the unbelievably talented such as Emma Ralph and my favourite critter creator Emma Green . I've learnt so much from here and have hopefully been able to help others. In addition KitschKitty
runs the main UK Beaders website which has a huge suppliers list.
The Craft Forum covers all crafts and is again a really friendly place. It helps give a general perspective on us (soon to be) struggling artistes and broadens my world past jewellery. I expect that I'll be on these more and more in the next few months.
Wow! Looks like the gift of the gab has come back too! I'll shut up now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the red and white swirled pendant is beautiful - great job!

Bead Envy said...

Awww shucks hun thanks so much for the mention(hugs)
Uk beaders is my fave forum too. Never a cross word is spoken and they are always so helpful and supportive!
Em xx