Thursday 2 July 2009

Long time no see.....



Well it's been a while....

So what has happened in the last, er 9 months?

First and foremost I got married to the loving and ever patient Nick at the end of March. The day was absolutely perfect, warm especially for the end on March with clear blue skies. We had a lovely ceremony in the Captains Cabin on HMS Gannet followed by drinks on deck and then canapes in the garden of Commissioners House.

As anyone who has got married knows, THE DAY takes up all your time and concentration before the event and then after you realise that you've got nothing left to plan. It's amazing how many good things have come out of the day though. My brother has managed to get some casual work with our wedding photographer Rich Lehmann, who is an absolute wonder. (although if my brother says he will work for beer, don't let him, he's very expensive!!!) For myself something nice came out on the jewellery front......

I had had a few pieces in a local jewellers for about a year and had got quite friendly with the owners Chris and Alex. Chris made my wedding ring and in the process formed a plan. By the time I came back from the few days away after the wedding I had struck a bargain with them and now work up at Laura C's three days a week, doing repairs and making my own stuff. Chris is a master jeweller of 40 years standing so the fact that he thinks I'm good enough is a massive compliment and the possibilities for learning are huge!!


On the other 2 days I'm still doing Greenwich Market and although the winter was a bit miserable - freezing for the stall holders with very few customers about, it is starting to tick over nicely. I've refined my stall - it now looks like this - and have been working on special lines just for the market. If you're in the area, pop down. I've got a good selection of stuff and can do repairs now too!!!

No comments: